A Sanket M. Yenagi Foundation
Power of Youth Foundation, is a private Non-Govermental Organization formed in Bangalore, Karnataka in the year 2019 by Mr.Sanket M. Yenagi, an Advocate practicing in Supreme Court of India and various others High Courts.
Power of Youth derives maximum private funding from Mr.Sanket M.Yenagi, the Founder. Also, it is receiving funds in the form of sponsorship from private sources, such as corporate money, an individual wealth, family wealth and others.
Power of Youth is a collective effort of transformers, visionaries, corporate and the benefactors. An NGO which was cradled in the Bangalore region is now brimming with endless energy and has a vision to spread across the State of Karnataka. In a short time of its existence itself, Power of Youth has shown a tremendous growth. The parent centre has now received several requests fof branches across all other districts of Karnataka, which includes Livelihood Development Centres, Partnership Centres, Jail Centres and for mobile rural camps.
Create opportunities for school dropouts and deprived youth to help them lead productive and socially useful lives.
To give a second chance to the less educated deprived youth through wage or self- employment based on urban and rural livelihood training provided in partnership with stakeholders.
As one of the young and active NGOs in the livelihood space in Bangalore that works for the “out of school” youth, Power of Youth strongly believes that the nation’s strength and future lies in the hands of its youth. Unlike the developed countries where 90% youth opt for some or the other sort of vocational training, less than 5% undergo vocational training in our country despite the fact that India is a country with the largest youth population.
At Power of Youth, we run the only inclusive program in Karnataka. The key features of the program are:
- Admission to anyone who can read and write with no formal education.
- Focus on hands on vocational training (70%practical and 30%theory)
- Vichar Parivartan(SKP)- aproprietary program for attitudinal change and life skills such as decision making,time management,money management,values& perception,health&hygiene,work readiness etc.
- Community Engagement, Counselling and Mentoring
- Job placement and assistance for self-employment
- We adopt a holistic approach of enhancing the less fortunate youth with vocational skills, guidance, counselling and financial assistance.
- Annually, we empower several youth to begin fully employed including those that take a bigger leap of becoming an entrepreneur.
- At Power of Youth, we aim to continue growing and mentoring other local NGOs and like-minded organizations to deliver the same model of livelihood training to achieve a Pan India presence.
From encouraging 50 students to more than 650 students, from the drought to flood affected areas of Karnataka, Power of Youth has expanded its horizons to become a model youth movement.
The prominent activities of Power of Youth are noticeable after flood in Coorg in 2018, flood in North Karnataka in 2019, adopting a government school and providing free uniforms and books to 750 students in the school and paying their annual school fees.